How it works ?
- Interact with the applet below for a few minutes. Then, answer the questions that follow. Be sure to change the locations of the BLUE POINT and WHITE POINT(S) each time before you re-slide the slider. Be sure to adjust the pink slider as well!
- 1) What can you conclude about the distances from the blue point to each side of the angle? How do you know this?
- 2) What can you conclude about the location of the blue point with respect to the original (larger) angle? Explain how you know this.
- 3) Use your observation to fill in the blanks to make a true statement: If a point is _____________________ from the sides of an angle, then that point lies on the _______________ of that angle.
- 4) Write a 2-column or paragraph proof that proves the statement in (4) true.