How it works ?
- In the applet below, a TRANSVERSAL intersects 2 PARALLEL LINES.
- When this happens, there are 2 pairs of SAME-SIDE EXTERIOR ANGLES that are formed.
- Interact with the applet below for a few minutes, then answer the questions that immediately follow.
- Directions & Questions:
- 1) Complete the following statement: If a transversal intersects 2 ________________ ______________, then same-side exterior angles are _____________________.
- 2) If the gray angle above measures 110 degrees, what would the measure of its same-side exterior angle be?
- 3) As you dragged the slider, what transformation(s) took place?