How it works ?
- In the applet below, point M is said to be the midpoint of the entire segment you see.
- Interact with this applet for a minute, being sure to change the locations of the segment’s endpoints each time before re-sliding the slider. After doing so, please answer the question below the applet.
- The applet above dynamically illustrates the definition of a midpoint of a segment.
- Without using the words “half”, “halfway”, or “middle”, explain what a midpoint of a segment is in your own words. That is, complete the following sentence definition:
- A midpoint of a segment is a…
- (If you’re not sure, you can find a hint by clicking here).