How it works ?
This activity is a continuation of the Which is f, f’, f”? GeoGebra activity.
In the applet below, note the three colored function graphs a, b, and c.
Function a is shown as a blue graph.
Function b is shown as a brown graph.
Function c is shown as a purple graph.
1) Pair up with another student in your class.
2) Complete this activity like you did the last activity. Check to make sure your answers are correct.
3) Now, each student in the group should select the Clear Function button (lower right).
4) At this point, input YOUR OWN FUNCTION in the input box f(x) = . (If you input a polynomial function, it would be ideal for this polynomial to have a degree >= 2).
5) Select the Hide Function checkbox.
6) Give your computer to your partner. Test to see if he/she can correctly identify which graph is which!
Repeat steps (3) – (5) as many times as you need.
You are encouraged to discuss your thoughts, reasoning, etc with your partner and other members of your class. Have fun with this!
You can zoom out if you would like to see all 3 graphs more from a distance.
Feel free to use this GeoGebra resource to create YOUR OWN screenshots of matching questions like these to put on future calculus quizzes and/or tests.